An innovative professional development opportunity
to public school teachers of U.S. History
Lake County, Illinois.
McRAH teachers and faculty gather on Lake
Forest College campus during summer '03 Teacher Institute
What is McRAH?
McRAH is an acronym for A Model Collaboration: Rethinking American History.
It is the result of an innovative professional development grant awarded to the
Waukegan Public Schools in collaboration with Lake Forest College and the
Chicago Historical Society of the U.S. Department of Education. Based at
Lake Forest College and the Chicago Historical Society, faculty are drawn from
Lake Forest College, Loyola University Chicago, and Northwestern University.
What are the unique features of McRAH?
- A teaching faculty of award-winning professors from Lake Forest College, Loyola University chicago, and Northwestern University;
- Access to up-to-date resources;
- Expanded knowledge base about on-line resources for instruction;
- Follow-up and continud support from professors in your classroom during 2003-04;
- Participation in a collaborative network with American history teachers in Lake County schools (7-12);
- Opportunities to participate in regional and national professional development activites;
- Intensive summer experience, focused on content and methods.
McRAH teachers and faculty gather on Lake Forest
College campus during summer '02 Teacher Institute